Wednesday 20 November 2013

Magazine advert reflection

How diid you use your research into magazine adverts to start planning your own?


As our music video is from within the dance genre i looked at all the famous artists that are well known for having dance music videos e.g. David Guetta, Rhianna, Flo Rida and Calvin Harris. Therefore, i typed in each off the artists most well known dance song and typed in there magazine advert for each ones particular song. I was able to see how they promoted there video and what colour schemes and photos that they had used in order to promote their video. This inspired me and helped me paint a picture in my head of how i wanted my magazine advert to look.




What are your ideas and inspirations behind your paper design?

This was my paper design however, i decided to change it when creating my real one.




















I got my idea and inspirations from looking at a magazine advert that i see on the internet. I thought because our music video was based as a couple that it would be a good idea to use the face of the main characters in our video and put them together as they did because it worked well. However, when i thought about it more by using the image of our two main characters it doesn't really represent dance genre that much therefore, changed it to a Dj playing in front of a crowd going wild. I believed that idea offered more to the audience than the image because by having the Dj within the advert at least it gives the idea of music whereas, just having an image of two people could mean anything. I got the idea of using a DJ on the magazine advert when i was analysing them and came across one from David Guetta and instantly i thought that it looked good and that it reminded me of the dance genre.




How will this help you with creating it on photoshop?

The paper design didn't help me as i decided to change my idea after i created it on paper therefore, when i was creating it on photoshop i was going from one screen to another to create the advert to the best of my ability comparing it to the one i was analysing.







1 comment:

  1. You have made a start in considering your paper design and how it will help you with creating your final design on photoshop. However, you have not included your designs that you created on photoshop, which makes this post incomplete, which therefore needs to be completed.

    ReplyDelete